Corsair Community

CMFSSD-256D1 - Failed to Boot OSX (31st day!)

eddie612

All,

I purchased a CMFSSD-256D1 from NewEgg on 9/9/2009. Yesterday, I turned on my laptop and the OS failed to boot. I worked with apple for about 20 minutes and they diagnosed the issue to be drive related and unrecoverable.

I purposely purchased the Corsair drive for its reliability and performance and feel very let down that it has failed so fast. Having read more on these forums, it sounds like this is a repeat problem for many users and I am looking for my options.

Ideally, I think I will need a replacement and it sounds like the P series is MUCH more reliable. That would be my first choice. NewEgg's return policy appears to be 30 days or less, but since the drive has completely failed, i am not certain where i should be going for support.

Lastly, speed to replacement is a big issue. I use this drive for business and I am looking at a big performance problem if I can't get this replaced in a timely fashion.

Any ideas from the corsair team and or other users would be greatly appreciated. Still working to see what data i may have in the form of a backup..... however, this is not looking good.

The forum is solely for tech support, so that's all you'll see here. It's like going to the ER and seeing sick people and thinking there's an epidemic.

That seems kind of mean. :sigh!: Why dismiss it like that? People paid money for these things and they need to find out what's up with them. Ya know? Honsetly, Crosair should get out in front of this thing, now, while they still can.

Support forums are for just that, support! I can empathize with this guy because a similar thing happened to me.

I didn't dismiss anything, just pointed out that you have to expect to see people with issues on a technical support forum, and that solely looking at the number off issues here doesn't indicate a big issue or anything. No one here knows the number of drives sold and as such can't properly determine if it's a big issue or not (e.g. large percentage of drives sold with issues).

I didn't dismiss anything, just pointed out that you have to expect to see people with issues on a technical support forum, and that solely looking at the number off issues here doesn't indicate a big issue or anything. No one here knows the number of drives sold and as such can't properly determine if it's a big issue or not (e.g. large percentage of drives sold with issues).

Ok, point taken. And I'm not trying to argue, but, people have plunked down real money for these things and there's not just one or two, but many posts about failures. I completely empathize because I am now one of the statistics..

Anyway, this is the last I will post about this on this thread because I'm not trying to start a flame war, but it does kinda feel like this is being brushed off as not a big deal or something.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not brushing it off. Then again I've never owned an SSD, so I can't say much about them either :) Either way Corsair will respond on the forums during normal business hours.

Also, honest and frank discussions on the forum are always welcome!

Archived