Corsair Community

Are the Power Supply and Drive cooling zones 100% effective

x509

Does any heat from either the power supply or the drive cage "leak" into the main part of the case where the motherboard is mounted? Or can you assume that the only heat in the main part of the case comes from the motherboard and its components, or the two hard drives at the bottom of the case?

• Corsair Employees
It would be very little heat that is actually transmitted into other compartments. For example, in our testing we saw little to no difference in temperature for the major components when stressing the hard drives.

It would be very little heat that is actually transmitted into other compartments. For example, in our testing we saw little to no difference in temperature for the major components when stressing the hard drives.

Ramguy,

Thank you for this answer. I imagine that some heat :D: will be transmitted by conduction through the steel case walls, etc. But I was wondering if the different cooling zones were effective in isolating the hot air in each zone. You seem to be saying yes. That's good. ;):

Well I can tell you that there is no heat to the touch on either the HD cage or the PSU area on top. I am really happy with the cooling in this case. Many have complained, but you just need to make sure you know what your doing. Upgrade the fans, pay attention to your specific system, and get an H50 :) I love that thing.

Well I can tell you that there is no heat to the touch on either the HD cage or the PSU area on top. I am really happy with the cooling in this case. Many have complained, but you just need to make sure you know what your doing. Upgrade the fans, pay attention to your specific system, and get an H50 :) I love that thing.

Gutcheck,

Thanks for the response.

I am almost 100% going to watercool, but since this is the first time I would be doing watercooling, I am proceeding slowly and I hope methodically. I'm trying to balance off a bunch of issues, including performance, noise levels, and cost. :biggrin: See my sig below.

Maybe you already posted this info, so I apologize if I'm asking this question unnecessarily. :o: What fans did you install? What is your case temp? Are you overclocking? Which graphics card(s)? Noise levels?

Thanks. :D:

Archived