Corsair Community

Test result help

stop45

I have the HX1000 and this is my second one. The first one was RMA'd for just the same thing (see http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=77436 ) now number 2 has done it. It acted funny a couple of times and now its just dead.

I went and got one of the testers and am not sure how to read it. When I hook the 24pin and the 12v up i get all green except for the -5v can anyone give me a brief breakdown on how to test with this thing before I try to open another RMA.

there has been no 5 volt ground for years now so dont worry about that reading, its normal.

does the PSU come on every time with the tester? ive had motherboards with a faulty "pwr" circuit before and just wired in the green and black wires with a shunt and everything was fine. i just had to unplug the PC if i needed it turned off.

How can I test the board alone? I feel like a newb here and have built so many systems. its just that this is the same thing that happened before and when i put the RMA'd psu on it fixed it.

Question. If when i put the PC/SPS tester on the PSU comes on when i turn on the power and powers everything but the board its pretty obviously the board right? how common is it for a switch to go out? is there a way i can just bypass the power switch by just making the connection (by twisting the wires) without killing the board if its still alive?

Archived