Corsair Community

Need bios help w/ASUS Rampage Extreme, I7 975 & TR3X6G1600C8D?

jlaavenger

The settings for the CPU may be different but yes they will work.
What changes when my CPU is an I7 975? I'm really new to this and its really confusing, so anything will help.

I'm a little lost about how to set this up, and does anything change if I add another TR3X6G1600C8D for a total of 12GB memory?

Also, TR3X6G1600C8D only shows 4gb of ram?

• Corsair Employee
What changes when my CPU is an I7 975? I'm really new to this and its really confusing, so anything will help.
The CPU Settings, when you get ready to set it up if you still have problems I would suggest posting the questions you have and just load setup defaults and then set the XMP to profile one should work for most people.

The CPU Settings, when you get ready to set it up if you still have problems I would suggest posting the questions you have and just load setup defaults and then set the XMP to profile one should work for most people.

I tried setting XMP in my bios and it seemed to read the memory correct as 12GB 1600 but my PC would lock up or restart.

Then I tried the settings found here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76702 for the Intel Core i7-965 Extreme,

Only changing the CPU Ratio setting to 25 because I have the I7 975 but I still got the lock ups.

So then I instead tried just using CPU Level Up and it to would cause lock ups and restarts.

When I had only 6MG of memory installed windows would only read it as 4GB, but when I added another 6GB it read it as 12GB. When I set my bios to XMP it read the memory correctly but would eventually start locking up and restarting.

I've never overclocked before so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I tried setting XMP in my bios and it seemed to read the memory correct as 12GB 1600 but my PC would lock up or restart.

Then I tried the settings found here:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76702 for the Intel Core i7-965 Extreme,

Only changing the CPU Ratio setting to 25 because I have the I7 975 but I still got the lock ups.

So then I instead tried just using CPU Level Up and it to would cause lock ups and restarts.

When I had only 6MG of memory installed windows would only read it as 4GB, but when I added another 6GB it read it as 12GB. When I set my bios to XMP it read the memory correctly but would eventually start locking up and restarting.

I've never overclocked before so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Here are the settings I tried using.

CPU level up =Auto

Memory level up =Auto

Ai Overclock Tuner =Auto

CPU Ratio Setting =25.0

CPU Configuration

Dram Frequency =DDR3 =1600MHz

UCLK Frequency =3200MHz

DRAM Timing Control

1st Information=9-9-9-24-6-88-12-8-30-0

DRAM CAS# Latency = 8 DRAM Clock

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay = 8 DRAM Clock