Corsair Community

Why Can't I find a set of 4 GB chips?

MadMax75th

I am looking to put together a new computer. I see that one item offered by a builder is 4GBs X 4 but when I searched your site there are no 4 GB chips of any set whatsoever. I realize that 16 GBs is not yet recognized by the XP OS but I am looking to the future. I am considering the ASUS Crossfire 3 and an AMD Phenom II X 4 965 . I still do not understand why Intel can hold 24 GBs of ram whlie AMD is maxed out so much lower but hopefully the AMD will catch up soon.

Thank you,

Max

I assume you mean the intel or amd system when you refer to platform. In any event thanks, however, my main question is still the 4 GB chip, hopefully in a matched set for 16 GBs, tho I would settle for 4GB chip X 2 at this time. I could then add 2 more 4MB chips when it could be utilized.

• Corsair Employees
The IC to build a 4.0 Gig modules has been quite expensive about 2-4 times the cost per meg of a smaller density IC and as such has not been used to build higher density modules. However, I would expect to see 4.0 Gig modules available in the next few months as the cost starts to drop.

Archived