Corsair Community

HX850W will not shut completely off!

Lvcoyote

Hello everyone!

I just finished installing a HX850W Modular PSU to replace a PCP&C unit. When I shut the computer off some of the fans continue to spin and will not turn off. The speed of the fans is greatly diminished and run at about 10% of normal speed, it's like there is a small power leak or something. Also the HDD light stays lit as well. I tried changing the cables to different ports and tried different cables. The problem persists....... bad unit???

Yellowbeard.... you out there!!!.......LOL

Ok, spoke to Jeff at Tech support. He had me do the paper clip jump. When the paper clip is installed and the rocker switch is turned on the PSU should start..... it does that. Then he said remove the paper clip while its still running and it should shut down...... it does not, the PSU keeps running even with the paper clip removed...... RMA issued!

• 2 weeks later...
Yea, no kidding.....LOL. I was just checking to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong, this was my first modular PSU. I thought just maybe there was a trick as to what leads you have to use or in a particular order. I've been around the block long enough, I figured the first one was after I did the paper clip test.

Archived