Corsair Community

Will this fan work with the H50?

Nemesis Undying

Just like the title says. I'm looking at a HTPC case with some 120mm fans in it and I want to install the H50 but I don't think there's enough clearance for a full 25mm wide fan and the radiator. Will this fan work alright with the H50?

Model No.: SY1212SL12M

Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 12 mm / 4.72 x 4.72 x 0.47 in

28.89 dBA / 38.05 CFM = 65 m³/h / DC12 V / 0.19 A (1,600 rpm Version)

Weight: 98 g / 2.71oz

Connector: 3-pin (3-pin to 4pin adaptor included)

Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing

MTBF: 30,000 hours

First issue would be the screws would be too long since they are designed for a 25mm fan. You would have to buy new ones or cut the stock ones. then the other issue would be if that fan produces enough air and static pressure for the radiator. that would be a total guess since I don't think anyone has tried using a san that thin. Are you OCing this HTPC? If not there are a ton a fans that will work and are pretty dang quiet that would be better options probably. I have two H50s installed in my desktop and server but, for my HTPC I found that is just wasn't the best option. Mainly for the issues are you running into.

Well the problm is that in the case I want to use the 120mm fan goes from the top of the case clear to the bottom where the motherboard isn't at, and there isn't much space between it and the motherboard. There wouldn't be room for a fan that's 120mm if it had to be over the motherboard in this case. I don't think there's much more room than 15mm from the fan that is in the case to where the motherboard starts and thusly there wouldn't be room for a 25mm thick fan + the radiator from the h50 but I think there is enough room for both if I use the 12mm thick fan instead. I'd like to overclock it as much as possible, I know you can take the CPU to 3ghz with no real change in thermal output using the cpu level up if that's all the overclock I can throw down without heat issues. I'd like to go much higher than that, but at the same time I want the smallest case possible, which is why I'm so interested in the H20 because it can cool as well if not better than the big air coolers that are top rated w/o needing as much room.

Archived