Corsair Community

CMG4GX3M2A1600C7 vs. CMG4GX3M2B1600C7

jrock1019

So I just built a computer and ordered CMG4GX3M2A1600C7, but doing some research now it seems I bought the intel based memory instead of the amd which I wanted. My system seems to be running fine but I havent yet adjusted the timings and what not, so it is running at 1333 not 1600. Is there a drastic difference between these memories? Will I run into problems? Should I return and get the other one? I am also going to be eventually upgrading to 8gb because I currently have 4, if that makes any difference! Thank you!

Okay, so I've done some more research and it seems that the version I have is lacking BEMP. Is it just a marketing gimmick or does this feature truly bring more to my memory? Anyone have any first hand experience or advice? I could go through the hassle of returning it to the egg but would it be beneficial?

• Corsair Employees

BEMP would be for AMD Black Edition CPU's but as Wired stated they will still work just fine but the timings would have to be manually set.

Now that being said the A-B in this case is only the version of the modules and the B version happens to be for AMD and A version of this specific part is for Intel but it may not be the same on another part number.

• 1 month later...

Archived