Corsair Community

A7N8X-Deluxe & 3 sticks of XMS3200 & XP3200+

Roachman

Hi all, My spec: A7N8X-Deluxe Rev.1.04 Bios 1007 AthlonXP 3200+ 400FSB 2 sticks of CMX256 A-3200C2PT XMS3202 v1.1 024505 1 stick of CMX512-3200C2PT XMS3202 v1.2 0345083 I was using all the above ram/mobo with an Athlon 2700+ and it ran solid as a rock. I upgraded to the new CPU and now I can't get windows to boot unless I use just 1 stick - It gets to the desktop then resets. I have tested them 1 stick at a time in slot 1 using memtest and they were all ok. But if I put 2 or all 3 in then memtest either shows errors or just freezes on test 5. Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Corsair Employees
Please try and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that does not solve the problem. In addition, I would suggest testing with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] so you don't corrupt your O.S.

Thanks for the reply RG but unfortunately my OS did get corrupted along the way so I put the Athlon 2700 back in, did a clean install of WinXP and it all works ok now. Thanks for your time though.

• Corsair Employees
Should be no problem. However, I would suggest that you try the bios thats listed in this post at [url]www.asusforums.org[/url] [URL=http://www.asusforums.org/showthread.php?threadid=530]New bios for A7N8X-E 1.011[/URL]

[U]Update.[/U] I now have the new mobo and set the timings/volts as per your suggestion and I'm pleased to say it seems rock solid :biggrin: but I'm using the 1008 bios that shipped with the board. Would there be any advantage with the bios you suggested ? I see it's not listed on the Asus site so not too sure about it.

• Corsair Employees
If it works as it is I would leave well enough alone. However, I know that asusforums got that bios directly from ASUS and I have tested it as well. It does indeed solve some issues that some users were having. But I do not as a rule; suggest flashing the bios unless you know it will help with a issue you may be having! So I will leave it to you!

Archived