Corsair Community

HX650 problem help pleace

Cobra26

Dear Corsair,

I ordered the Corsair HX650 psu and i received it today.

But i encounter a problem with the 8-pin power cable for the cpu

Just to be sure this is my motherboard:

EVGA X58 SLI LE socket 1366 see link for understanding:

X58_LE

But the 8-pin power connection on the motherboard for cpu does not match the 8-pin power cable of the HX650 psu. I posted a picture see below link for clearance for what i mean. Is this a problem is this normal? Do not want to fry my cpu, so i'm a bit worried. Pleace help. ps: the 8 pin cable is from the psu itself, it is NOT MODULAR its tied with the 24 pin cable

And if you look at your resource of the psu cable-EPS/ATX12V 8-4 pin then it DOES match the 8 pin on the motherboard (4 squares)! This is not exactly the same as with my psu. And i'm not willing to risc my cpu to fry. The shape of the 8 pin on the motherboard has a reason for that it has 4 square pins while mine EPS/ATX12V 8-4 has only 2, here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41734199@N03/3983883019/ could not make clear photo so i drew 1.

And here is your EPS/ATX12V 8-4 on your site resourse kinda odd picture and still get something wrong.

hx_eps-atx12v_8-4_pin

AND THIS IS WHAT I GET....notice it has just 2 squares!

8-pin-1

Or should i split the EPS/ATX12V 8 pin (2 x 4pin) into 4 pin and connect it into the motherboard the other half i will not connect, is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply,

There is a reason they have those shape, If you say i shouldnt worry then please explain it to me, not some short answer: Dont worry.....sorry i'm not here for these kind of answers. If the 8pin ATX12v is compatible then atleast it should match the pins. I mean the designers had a reason to have these pin shapes.

Its not normal that those pins do not match the pins on the motherboard.

I need a exact answer should i split the 8pin ATX12v from your psu cable into 2 and put the HALF of it in the motherboard? I'm not going to force the whole cable into the motherboard...

Thanks in advance

Our 8pin ATX12v can be splitted into two 4-pins and in order to make both 4-pins fit the 4-pin socket we have to change the way the 8-pin is keyed.

Thanks for the reply,

Ok it can be spitted i already have noticed that. So in other words i could split the 8 pin and just use the half to connect into the motherboard please see picture:

8-pin b

Because the answer you provide doesnt tell me what to do.

Is the way i showed in the link of mine the right way and is it enough to power the cpu?

Could you please provide a solid answer instead of a "general" answer. It doesnt tell me what to do exactly. Right now i'm am quessing from your answer...should i splitt 8 pin in 2 and use one half into the motherboard or forcing the 8 pin into the motherboard regardless if the pins do not match!.

Now i'm back from the start:confused:

I'm starting to regret my purchase this is not what i expected from corsair.

I ask for a simple explenation what to do SPECIFICKLY in my case with the motherboard.

Please could you now provide me for a decisive answer?

Thanks in advance

Archived