Dutchman Posted October 4, 2009 Share Posted October 4, 2009 Hoping someone can assist in seeing if my Corsair HX620W is faulty and the cause of some weird PC issues I been having in past day 1st thing this morning I turned on my PC but it failed to post. Opene case and all fans spinning, hdd powered but graphics card fan not spinning and DVD drive not powered. I swopped graphics with spare but same issue. After a lot of removing components one by one and it still failing to boot, I disconnected and unscrewed the PSU, took it out and then plugged whilst out of the case reconnected it to the motherboard and this time round it powered up, but within seconds I got a weird burning smell and pretty sure it was from the psu. So I shut everything down, disconnected the power supply again and but couldn't trace the smell as it had now gone. So I reconnected everything up and the PC powered up fine again and no smell this time. I then reassembled the psu back in the case and booted and it boots fine although the MB's onboard nic is now no longer working. This evening I was busy surfing the web on the PC and the PC just shut down. Other forums I've posted on seem to think dodgy PSU, do you agree and if so do I RMA via Corsair site ? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.