Corsair Community

TR3X6G2000C8GTF - One module finally died

adamwhite

Hello Everyone,

This is how it went, from time to time when i start my pc it did only read 4 gigs out of 6, but it goes away if i restart the pc again or shutdown and the back up again to be reading the full 6 gigs, i was setting the ram on 2005 MHZ and qpi on 1.60V never higher than that, suddenly today whatever how much restarts i do, it only read 4 gigs out of the 6, then i tested each module alone, one stick ( module ) didnt work at all :[pouts:, i tried it in the 6 slots of my Asus Rampage II extreme, now i am only working with 4 gigs out of the 6 :[pouts:

also i tried to lower the frequency and it didnt help, well honestly this is my second purchase with corsair , the last time i also had a replacement of the my dual channel dominator kit :[pouts:

however cpu-z does read the full 6 gigs, but the bad stick alone dont make the pc boot , i am really confused

i did read that those elpida hyper IC was faulty and that you pulled them from the market and replaced them with new ones with a new model numbers so i was hoping mine dont die that fast, it lasted only 6 months

i tried filling an RMA form but i only find the new model number of my part, not the old one ( TR3X6G2000C8GTF ) instead i find this ( CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 )

so how i can fill the rma form now ? and also what shall i do after i fill the rma form ?

thanks for your help

ok i filled the form, i shall wait 24 hours for an answer ( RMA number )

hope this goes smooth.

infact i was experiencing BSODs, with diffferent reasons, now they all stopped after the module totally died lol :p:

i still love corsair though and i will be loyal always to that brand, cause you have the best customer ever in history ;):

Honestly i dont know what was the case number, how can i know ?, i only filled the form, then added my id post number in it and just typed the code down there in the last part of the form for the security reasons then submitted it, then it said it will take up to two business days for a respone, that was all, i dont know where was the case number, though its my second rma but my first wasnt done by me actually, instead by my retailer. i bought that kit from amazon this time, so i am handling the rma.

thanks

name: Ramy Said

affected product: CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 or infact (TR3X6G2000C8GTF)

well, i just found that CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 is out of stock in your online shop, so will you be able to still replace me with the same ram model or even maybe the higher one CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 if you are kind enough ? :biggrin:

or do you have stock specially for rma requests ?

still didnt get the rma number though i will gladly wait

Hey i just recieved an email with the case number now, here it is

Case #1145145

and a message from technical support saying:

We would need to get all three modules replaced as they are a matching set. Thank you.

what shall i do now ?

thanks & regards

the ram is on the way now, its right now in MEMPHIS-TN

i think it should arrive at corsair rma department on monday,

i just have a little question, the replacement (CMG6GX3M3A2000C8) for my part is out of stock in your online shop

and i am afraid i get replaced with CMG6GX3M3A1866C7

because i dont want anything but 2000 MHZ memory kit

how can i make sure they DONT replace me with a 1866 MHZ kit ?

thanks

Well its hard for me to make international call, but i will wait for the rma status to update with the replace part number

i have a request, its out of topic but let me know if its possible

i have Corsair H50 water cooler, and i am happy with it, its just i had to go with Push/Pull setup to maintain a little better temps on my i7

however the Package only included 4 screws for one fan to be placed on the radiator

the 2nd fan i wired it to the radiator which look somehow ugly and make some noise vibration

i looked everywhere for a same kind of screws, but i was unlucky to find any

what i request here is 4 more screws for my Corsair H50 to be included with my CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 Dominator GT RMA box that will be sent back to me

would this be possible ?

thanks for all the help

yea i will contact them better by email,

also i took the screw to many screw selling shops but there isnt any single shop here in egypt that sell those screws, i tried more than once, its hard to find anything here in egypt, i buy all my stuff online and ship it which cost me much shipping fees from the US to Egypt

so i am kindly asking if its possible to include the screws with my RMA box

Well, Now UPS called me and told me you have a package ready to be delievered to you but you have to pay customs taxes which are $65, i paid already $90 for shipment back to Corsair, why i have to pay customs too again ? shouldnt this include free of charge replacement ? or any describition in order to make the customs here in egypt where i dont pay anything because i already paid the customs taxes on it when i first bought

now why i have to pay it double time :mad:

tell me what shall i do about this, and they told me its coming from holland ? and its sure with a different serial number than the old one so the customs think its a new part

now how can i contact holland to tell them about this or anything, i am not paying those custom taxes cause i already paid them before

what would be the solution for this ?

i will also make a copy of this to the customer support

waiting for the help

UPS tracking number: 1Z7619X96741887235

RMA number: 1127918

PS: i already refused to take the shipment, i said i wont pay it and UPS will revert back to the shipper

thanks

waiting for the help

i sent two emails now to customer service with total ignore, and Corsair Memory in NL gave order to UPS to return back the shipment to them !

i think i will have to pay the $65 or i would be stuck with no ram, that would be total $155 spending on the RMA process !! i shouldn't endure all of this from the first place

but really, i will be thinking twice now before buying my next ram stick,

this is my second corsair ram failing on me, the first was dominator DDR2 sticks

i had extreme loyalty to your brand, but i wont be feeling it anymore from now on

thanks for all the help

Archived