Corsair Community

Did I buy the wrong memory modules?

JEBB

I had gotten an ad from Newegg on CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) memory modules that appeared to have the same specs as my just purchased refurb MacBook 2.0GHz takes and so I ordered two. Now I realized that Corsair has two modules that seem to have the exact same specs. One is recommended for Apple laptops the other appears not to be. I have bought two VS2GSDS667D2 but the recommended product is: VSA2GSDS667D2. Is there really any difference? Before I go to the trouble of installing them and possibly damaging my computer I'd like to know if what I have will work properly. Thanks.

Sometimes I'm chicken when it comes to messing with the innards of computers. I installed the new memory and it works just fine.

Could it be that manufacturers put different stock numbers on the very same product to address different customer groups?

• Corsair Employees
Its hard to say with out seeing what you are looking at, but normally every company will have the own nitch and focused more on what they see as prominent for their products and its not always promoted the same as another company. So I can understand what you are saying. However, if the system is up and running it may be a mute point.

Archived