Corsair Community

Asus P4C800 and the best 1 gig setup for it questions (TwinX1024-3200LLPT)

KEVIN88GT

Hello I have an Asus P4c800 board (which right now has some 2x256 geil ram in dual channel mode) I'd like to upgrade to a 1 gig ram setup. I did a lot of research and also based on friends setup picked out this ram TwinX1024-3200LLPT It's two low latency 512 chips. Here are my questions. 1)Is this ram best for my board? (I plan to set it up in dual channel mode) It's rather expensive when compared to other ram so I just wanted to make sure it's the best one. (And Is my motherboard even compatible with it?) 2) If i do get this ram will I be able to add an extra 512 chip of the same kind? (to make it 3x512) I dont know much about ram and I dont know If i'm savvy enough to be overclocking it at all. Dont know if it matters But i have p4 2.53 ghz processor. Basically I want to speed up my pc a little. I'm hoping this change will make a difference. all oppinions and suggestions are welcome. THank you in advance.

[quote name='KEVIN88GT']1)Is this ram best for my board? (I plan to set it up in dual channel mode) It's rather expensive when compared to other ram so I just wanted to make sure it's the best one. (And Is my motherboard even compatible with it?)[/quote] This or TwinX1024-3200C2 would both work fine. [quote]2) If i do get this ram will I be able to add an extra 512 chip of the same kind? (to make it 3x512)[/quote] No, you need to have them in pairs for dual-channel. DIMMs 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 need to match. I believe the P4 2.53GHz CPU is running a 533MHz FSB. The RAM you're looking at is good up to 200MHz which is an 800FSB, so I'd say you have a bit of headroom for overclocking! Good luck! PLUR CK

Archived