Corsair Community

HX620W buzzing with modified sine wave UPS...........Plz HELP!

asads

Here is the whole scenario:

1. Computer is shutdown, UPS connected, mains supply disconnected:

Buzzing coming from the PSU

2. Computer is shutdown, UPS disconnected, mains supply connected:

No buzzing coming from the PSU

This scenario remains same whether computer is running or shutdown.

i am using HX620W which has ACTIVE PFC and UPS is some HOMAGE 1000VA/600W which has Modified Sine Wave Inverter

i am worried about the buzzing thing...will it hurt my expensive PSU? :confused:

Or should i disconnect the UPS forever? Here electricity goes off and on approx. 4 to 5 times a day at random timings....so will it hurt my computer components if i am not using the UPS and computer abruptly goes off? :confused:

PLZ REPLY WITH FULL DETAIL..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :[pouts:

Sorry for my bad English. Buzzing sound of HX620W is caused by Ups Modified Sine Wave. This is normal when Ups run on Battery mode and your Corsair PSU work perfectly without any damage. I have Corsair HX1000W and UPS Mustek 2000 VA (modified sine wave). Together work perfectly for more than one year and i'm not have any problem. UPS modified sine wave won't damage anything. The only thing is your Ups HOMAGE 1000VA have 600W and Psu HX620W will consume more than 620W at max capacity + computer display + other consumators that you have. Stay in the Wattage limit and not overload Ups, this is only thing that you should care.

really thanks alot for the response...i know psu is working perfectly when not using the ups...but the problem is if psu does get any sort of damage because of buzzing then will i get warranty replacement after 6 months of use?...i bought this in pakistan from galaxy shop who are the authorized distributor and retailer of corsair company..but they are giving me only 6 months warranty not full 5 year warranty.......why is this so CORSAIR?

And i have also heard that modified sine wave ups damages active PFC PSUs n u r saying that it wil work perfectly........?

Keep in mind that the "simulated sine ouput" only comes into effect if the UPS kicks into battery back up mode. Otherwise, the PC is still running on line voltage. Even the buck and boost AVR doesn't matter since it's not modifying the sine wave, it's merely drawing more or less current on the mains side as voltages rise or fall. My Corsair HX1000W work for more than 1 year 24/7 nonstop on Mustek 2000VA modified sine wave and i'm not have any problem. Maby i am lucky or maby other unlucky users have cheapper defective UPS

Archived