Corsair Community

Concerned about H50 w/ SG05

IsLNdbOi

I have a SilverStone SG05 and am interested in using a H50 in it. I'm concerned about the flow of air though. If I use the H50, I'd be placing it where the single 120mm fan goes (on the front panel). The FAQ says that the H50's fan should suck air from the outside and blow it in over the radiator.

With the setup I'm thinking of, wouldn't that blow all the hot air back into the case? Or should the H50's fan be used as an exhaust in this case (blowing hot air out the front)? If the H50's fan is used as an exhaust, any ideas on how or where I can put an intake for some fresh air to get into the case?

Corsair recommends using a 120mm fan as an intake to get the best performance out of the H50. Most people flip their back fan and add a few exhaust fans (at the top would be great if your case allows it) to make sure adequate airflow is achieved.

I have the 800D case, and I have the H50's radiator mounted on the back with a 120mm intake blowing in my case. I also installed two 120mm fans at the top for exhaust and this setup works well.

If you do decide to use the H50 with an exhaust fan, you should at least use two fans in a push pull configuration. I've seen a few reviews where this config worked very well with some high-CFM fans. The H50's radiator will allow two 120mm fans to be attached as long as you have the room. Good luck.

The single front intake fan on the SG05 is 120mm. There is no other fan in the SG05.

I'm concerned about the flow of air. If I use the H50, I'd be placing its radiator and fan where the SG05's single intake fan goes (on the front panel). The FAQ says that the H50's fan should suck air from the outside and blow it in over the radiator.

With the setup I'm thinking of, wouldn't that blow all the hot air from the radiator into the case over the motherboard and all the components? Or should the H50's fan be used as an exhaust in this case (blowing hot air out the front)?

• 3 weeks later...
If I used the H50, I might be able to remove the 80x15mm fan from the PSU, expand that 80mm fan's vent / hole on the bottom-side PSU (cut out a larger hole) and mount a 140mm fan beneath the PSU effectively replacing the PSU's 80x15mm fan with the 140mm fan.

If I used the H50, I might be able to remove the 80x15mm fan from the PSU, expand that 80mm fan's vent / hole on the bottom-side PSU (cut out a larger hole) and mount a 140mm fan beneath the PSU effectively replacing the PSU's 80x15mm fan with the 140mm fan.

it would be easier to just buy a new psu with a larger fan. id do that anyways as the larger fan should give you more cfm with less noise. id still try my original idea first as it doesnt involve raping the case....

Archived