Corsair Community

64GB P-Series - A Pleasure So Far

Savage1701

I had a fast mechanical named after a bird that I knew was losing altitude fast.

Replaced it today with a 64GB P series Corsair. It's not aligned, and running under enhanced IDE mode. I know I am not getting the most out of it, but it's faster than that extinct bird, does not stutter, and since it's for SOHO use I don't have to squeeze every ounce of performance out of it. I needed my situation remedied immediately as the CPU is used every day for work and I don't have several days to experiment. I guess if you can't love the one you want then you just gotta learn to love the one you're with...

When I have the time I will ghost it as is and try the SATA/AHCI settings with a fresh XP install and see if I can really get it going. It's pretty darn fast already.

I did run Diskpart at offset=64, which probably did not align it correctly for XP, and Ghost probably messed it up if it was there anyway, but it's still highly responsive, fast, and stutter-free.

Nice work Corsair. It's still really fast even though I have been technically irresponsible in its setup.

Agreed. I bought a P64 to replace a couple of RAID1 drives. It's installed on my server as the primary drive, running Server 2008 R2. I've then got 4 750GB hard drives in a RAID5 array to give a 2TB data partition.

I installed Server 2008 R2 on the P64, and have just forgotten about it. Server uptime 39 days, running flawlessly.

Jim

Archived