Corsair Community

H50 Components

KrissrocK

Hey I just the H50 for my 1366 board. in a twist of fate, my MB is dead and I have to send it back in to be fixed.

As any of you who have an H50, the base-plate gets adhered to the underside of the cpu plate. That adhesive is strong.

so since I'm sending my MB in, i have a feeling i will not see that base-plate again.

Is it possible to purchase components of Corsair products such as only the base plate that i'll be needing?

thanks a bunch

hmmm...ok.

Wont have to worry about frost/ice or moisture developing on it?

I in no way want to void this warrenty on this board...that'll be $250 down the drain.

i prefer to spend a couple coins on another plate...If I can't get confirmation on their availabity, i'll try that.

Wont have to worry about frost/ice or moisture developing on it? I in no way want to void this warrenty on this board...that'll be $250 down the drain.

if the board is dead it shouldnt matter at all right? its not like it leaves a trace:):

but im glad you have the option to get a new one from RG!

fwiw the freezer trick not only gets heatsinks off easier, ive temporarily restored function to dead hard drives from seized spindles long enough to get data off.

Yes, I have heard of that trick for hard drives.

I was just worried that if they find anything out of the ordinary on this board, the wont replace it. I'm still keepin my fingers crossed.

Freezing it to reduce adhesion is definitely doable, but I just found the plate adhered too well. It doesn't budge! which is good. They made this thing with tight tolerances for bracket holes and the adhesive is like cement....

anyway I was just worried that attempting to pry it off would put some kind of visible mark or damage to the board that i couldn't afford for them to see.

I do appreciate your help

Archived