Corsair Community

A few things wrong with my new case

sascwatch

Just got my new corsair obsidian 800d case in today and quickly began to notice multiple things wrong with it.

1. There is a BIG scratch in the aluminum door on the hot-swap bay, stretching from top to bottom and went right through the protective plastic into the aluminum. This scratch is very visible.

2. It looks as if a hot spark flew onto my side panel window and burnt deep into it causing a small bubbled up spot right in the middle of the window, I tried cleaning it off to see if it was just glue or something on the outside but its embedded right into the plexi-glass.

3. I have been reading alot of posts on how easy the paint chips off, especially around the door panels. Well what do you know, I removed the case from the box and took the plastic bag off and without even opening the side panel, there was a pretty decent chunk of paint taken off at the top corner on the windowed side.

While I am not to worried about the chip of paint, I will fix that myself, the other 2 things look pretty ugly with all this new hardware.

Other than those 3 things this case is amazing, alot bigger than I had planed but it should house my new watercooling parts just fine once they all come in.

I have contacted RAMGUY about these defects and hopefully a replacement door and side panel/window can be ordered.

-will post pics tomorrow after work as I am to tired right now to find the camera.

• Corsair Employees
Please send an email to Ramguy@corsairmemory.com and put "800D" in the subject line. Give us a brief description of what needs to be replaced, and include your shipping and contact information. I am not exactly sure what the ETA is on replacement parts, but if you would like to get an accurate estimate, I would suggest contacting our Customer Service directly at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com.

Just got my new corsair obsidian 800d case in today and quickly began to notice multiple things wrong with it.

1. There is a BIG scratch in the aluminum door on the hot-swap bay, stretching from top to bottom and went right through the protective plastic into the aluminum. This scratch is very visible.

2. It looks as if a hot spark flew onto my side panel window and burnt deep into it causing a small bubbled up spot right in the middle of the window, I tried cleaning it off to see if it was just glue or something on the outside but its embedded right into the plexi-glass.

3. I have been reading alot of posts on how easy the paint chips off, especially around the door panels. Well what do you know, I removed the case from the box and took the plastic bag off and without even opening the side panel, there was a pretty decent chunk of paint taken off at the top corner on the windowed side.

While I am not to worried about the chip of paint, I will fix that myself, the other 2 things look pretty ugly with all this new hardware.

Other than those 3 things this case is amazing, alot bigger than I had planed but it should house my new watercooling parts just fine once they all come in.

I have contacted RAMGUY about these defects and hopefully a replacement door and side panel/window can be ordered.

-will post pics tomorrow after work as I am to tired right now to find the camera.

Been there done that on number 3. My case had the same problem when I took it out of the box on both top corners. It is not difficult to touch up. I used Rust-Oleum Textured Black and it is a very good match. Make sure to check and make sure you have some clearance between the side and the top or you will have the same problem again. I had to use a file and remove a little metal at the top for clearance.

ya, its really tight in the one top corner. I will file it down a bit and toss some paint on it. All of the other potential chipping spots look alright.

I don't think they took into consideration how thick the paint actually is when trimming/folding the edges of the side panels.

edit: did you receive my email i sent you ramguy? I sent it with the email address used for this account.

• 1 month later...
bump, as i have yet to hear anything from anybody regarding the problems. I did an express RMA thing but they are asking me to send my whole entire case in to get a few parts replaced. This is nearly impossible as my system has been installed and running in it for weeks now.

• Corsair Employees
Oh I see what is going on sorry about that I would suggest you call in and talk to our customer service by phone tomorrow after 9:AM Pacific Time and they should be able to sort that out! Sorry for the confusion. Please call at 510-657-8747 or 888-222-4346 Ext "3".

Archived