Corsair Community

CM3X2G1600C9DHX will not fit due to fins

Jtvair

So how is this site supposed to support me? I really like phone numbers. I bought a Gateway SX2800-01 and I wanted to add 4 GB to the memory. From Newegg I ordered the memory in a package including a video card that is supposed to also fit in this computer. Your memory cards CM3X2G1600C9DHX will not fit in the computer because of the huge cooling fins on them. So what do I do? Can the fins be removed? Do I need to exchange them return them? I need normal size memory cards. I will not be over clocking them.

I went through the memory configurator looking for your computer and it didn't list any supported RAM modules for some reason, maybe a new computer etc. Your RAM is supposed to be 4096MB 800MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 2048MB Modules) Upgradeable to 8 Gig but Even Gateway didn't list a source so I am not sure how you selected the RAM you selected. Newegg wasnt much help either with their configurator /shrug RAM GUY is your best shot but I wouldn't run the ram without the fins, I would think you would have to return them to Newegg. I don't work here but I do run a lot of research on parts and tried to find out any information I could for you but no results for Corsair memory.

• Corsair Employees
This modules would not be compatible with that system, or any OEM system for that matter. And I would talk to the reseller and see if they will let you send them back for memory that is suggested by the system manufacturer.

Why is this so hard...OK RAM guy Corsair memory cards CM3X2G1600C9DHX will not work in the Gateway SX2800-01. I still want to add 4 GB to the memory. I cked the Memory configurator as you suggested it does not list the Gateway SX2800-1. So what do I get for this computer and does any one make it. Dallanar could not find anything what do I do...quit?

Archived