Corsair Community

Will it be Enough

Cesspool

Hi all newbie at this I would like to ask if anyone can help me .

I've just received my HD5870 and am not sure if the PSU will be enough to power the whole system according to the GPU specs it needs a minimum off 500 watts with 2 x 75 watt 6 pin PCI E power connectors which the HX 620 has but at what Amperage I'm hope its more than (75watt/12V= 6.25 amp) each for that extra headroom so that leaves me about 120 watts to power the rest as I plan to overclock the CPU but by doing that will the CPU draw more watts as I've read here that it sucks heaps http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-p7p55d-deluxe-motherboard-review-test/10 not quite sure if the info is correct as i thought the VID will max out about 1.400 Volts . Also the card when under load is maxed out at 188watts so it's about 15.66 amperes or 94 watts at each 6pin connection I assume that is correct anyway hope some can answer this. Would like to be able to push the system and be confident it won't crash when all systems and applications are running maxed out:confused:

First of all, the 500w recommendation, is what your PSU needs to be in order to run the card and the rest of the system, HX620 is more than enough. Secondly, the card can also draw up to 75w from the slot, so the card in fact has access to 75w + 75w + 75w, or 225w.

You could push that system as far as you wanted and you won't have any problems.

thanks all it seems now that it just might be enough the only problem might arise is that the EATX12V 8 pin probably will be to short in the 800DW( still waiting on the case) once the mobo is in. My current V9 case gave me grief when i tried routing the cable up behind the the back panel side of the mobo had to route it in between the Graph card and Exhfan not a particularly neat arrangement well i will need to find a PSU with a decent cable length with a 1X 24 pin / 1X EATX8pin 2 X 6PCIe arrangement and the rest can be modular

Archived