Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D and Asus Maximus II Formula (problem)

kahleanne

Hi,

I have a big problem about compatibility with the 8500 corsair kit and my motherboard asus maximus formula 2 !

I have often Blue screen (BSOD) in windows and I check in memtest86 and it marks somes errors ! in 4-5s I've more than 1000 errors and after the pc block !

I stop the computer and turn off the psu and after an other memtest86, ... there's no problem after 100% of checking !

So, I've already checked with a lot of parameters (1.9 => 2.3v DDR voltage)

I've tested with one ram in 800mhz (another low value ram) and it works for long time with the default settings ! but with this kit I've already a lot of problem, ... can you help me please ?!

thanks to you !!

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with the tested settings manually set IE DDR1066 at 2.1 Volts Cas 5-5-5-15 and when you run http://www.memtest.org Version 2.11 please disable legacy USB if they both pass then install both modules in the second set of slots and load setup defaults and set the settings again and test again let me know the results..

However, from what you have posted I would suspect some thermal or voltage problem on the MB. Also If you still get the same problems random errors with memtest I would try and remove the sound card and test the system for a day or so to see if the problem goes away.

• 1 month later...
Please test the modules one at a time with the tested settings manually set IE DDR1066 at 2.1 Volts Cas 5-5-5-15 and when you run http://www.memtest.org Version 2.11 please disable legacy USB if they both pass then install both modules in the second set of slots and load setup defaults and set the settings again and test again let me know the results..

However, from what you have posted I would suspect some thermal or voltage problem on the MB. Also If you still get the same problems random errors with memtest I would try and remove the sound card and test the system for a day or so to see if the problem goes away.

Hi,

After a long time to test what you propose to help me I come to you with this report :

I've tested each module one at a time after a 'load default' from bios with just some settings : 1066mhz,2.1v,5-5-5-15 & legacy usb in off mode !

- the 1st module after 3 hour with 2 videos 1080p + 1 memtest(for windows) : PASS

- the 2nd module after 3 hour with the same test : PASS !

so I've tested (with the same settings) both, memtest2.1 PASS 5 times easily, and after, under windows (3 days pass) : FAIL ! I run again memtest after that and he show directly full of errors !!!!

I turn off completely my computer and remove the 2 modules and place one of them... => turn again memtest and no problem after 5 times.

he turn without problem since 30 days easily, ... after that ... again ... blue screen and after reboot, memtest show full of errors !

So, now I've removed my 2nd sound card and with one of my module wait ... but I've no hope for this ! (wait about 20 days again approximatively like the first test with one module)

Have you some recommandations for me ? or with I tell you can you give me another way to go with this bullsh... !!!???

thanks for you, so much !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived