Corsair Community

Bad Performance with X32

Chatanga

hi

my new X32 with Firmware 1.0 makes only 55mb/s in sequential write.....so do i do something wrong, or did i get a damaged one?

in Reading, it makes 200mb/s......this isnt bad, but not like the 220mb/s what was promised.

Is there something that i can do to make ist faster?

I have an P45 Mobo mit ICH10R and i tryed both, IDE and ACPI and both was the same.

yeah, this is nice, and this is that, what i expected on my own SSD, cause we have same SPECS. But mine wont work like that, its mor like that:

with Crytalmark it says even, i have only 55mb/s Sequential Write :confused:

423850145_CorsairX32ATTO.jpg.714974899d853ed80e589875f55ed241.jpg

Wired is correct in asking for your system specs - are you using a desktop or LapTop? What operating system are you using? Memory config? Processor? Etc ......

All of these help to help you. It could be that you are restricted to SATA 1 which will limit the drive's ability to read and write. It could be that your drive has not been aligned properly (dependent on OS).

Also, when you read the spec's on anything always look for the words "up to" this gives a general concensus as to what the drive can max out at; various unknown variables can affect these figures dramatically ... either giving better or worse results than published.

Your drive is reading around the 230MB/S and writing at around 90MB/S from your posted results.

well, i wait for an answer from ramguy....so far, i didnt hear anything very smart.

Smart? No one is trying to be smart - people on here try to help based on their own personal experiences with SSDs.

Benchmark software was designed for HDDs and the results from them can be deceiving for SSDs and as previously stated your system details would be of great help in solving problems.

well, i cant see any help till now. All i see is an mod, that changes and delets my Postings till i look like an idiot, a noob that wants to know a lot **** bull**** about my pc what never depends on my problem, and a smart one who dosent anwer about my question, but answer about his own smartness.

Im not realy very happy about this Forum.

But its always the same.......bad Products, always are supported by a Useless Support.

So im not very surprised, that i cant find any Help here.

Whatever, all i can do is warn the people in our Hardwareforum about this Corsair SSD's, cause we realy help eatchother there.

I merged your multiple posts into one post, that's all. Feel free to edit it for clarity if you feel your words do not explain your problem clearly enough. Without more information about your system we cannot help you. It could be a bad drive or a bad / slow SATA port, or a bad cable. The more information you post, the more we can help you with it.

As for Corsair Support, they are only open Monday through Friday during business hours PST. They have not yet seen this thread yet, so insulting them is completely uncalled for.

I merged your multiple posts into one post, that's all. Feel free to edit it for clarity if you feel your words do not explain your problem clearly enough. Without more information about your system we cannot help you. It could be a bad drive or a bad / slow SATA port, or a bad cable. The more information you post, the more we can help you with it.

As for Corsair Support, they are only open Monday through Friday during business hours PST. They have not yet seen this thread yet, so insulting them is completely uncalled for.

wow, that was skilled, i agree! I expected, that im banned, when i come back.

So my Respekt to u Wired, and i apologyse.

Well, the cable....yeah.....that i must try out. But i dont think its this, cause the cable is totaly new. Slow SATA it cant be i think, cause ICH10R is ICH10R.

it also cant be the ICH10R, cause Read-Performance is "ok"......if it would be a Interface-Problem, then Read- and Writeperformance would be same bad.

I have Windows7 installed. When i installed the SSD, i first booted in WIndows of my Harddisk, and then formated the SSD as a Logical Drive. Maby this was a fault? The performance was bad yet at this first Bench.

Later i installed Win7 again on the SSD and formated with WIN7. Maby a fault too?

i tryed to delete the SSD with HDDErease for DOS, but somehow nothing happend for Hours. I aborted it then and the Windwos was still on it, so it deleted nothing. It just didnt work. I dont why.

In Bios there is not a lot i can do wrong.....i tryed IDE and AHCI, and both was the same. AT IDE-Mode i had set to Advaced Mode what is said to do at Windows higher then 2000.

(sorry about my bad english)

oh, and i overclocked my FSB to 533, but this shouldent be a Problem, cause the SSD is Clocked by PCI-E-Clock, dosent it?

And my PCI-E Clock is still at 100Mhz.

Chatanga, you are one difficult dude to try and help. If you can't give the information that people need to try and get to the bottom of your problem, then don't insult them.

It's like going to the doctor and saying "I've got a pain, fix it" and when the doctor asks questions you just become very aggressive and insulting.

You say that people on the other forum you use help each other - that's what they do here, but with an attitude like yours then that help will come in very short supply.

Having said that, help is available IF you cooperate and stop being a complete and utter tit towards other members who are taking the time (their time) to try and help you.

• Corsair Employee

Chatanga

Our hours are 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday Through Friday Excluding Holidays.

Your first post in this thread is dated Saturday for us here so as Wired stated we had not seen the thread until this morning.

I have to tell you that it really saddens me to see this type of post it does not happen very often but it does happen from time to time.

In addition, as Wired and Davyc both stated they do not work for Corsair Directly Wired works for the house of help forum, which is non profit and sponsored by Corsair for hosting our forum. Davyc is an enthusiast who has been helping us on the forum, I think he came to our forum with questions him self and saw that we are here trying to help others with problems and or questions and decided to stay and help others as we tried to help him.

By the way I do not think I told you DavyC but thank you so much for your help we do appreciate it. And please correct me if I am wrong DavyC.

And please don't be discouraged you know how forums are..

Chatanga,

If possible can we focus on the problem and try to help you get a resolution please?

And please knowing the system specifications and O.S. you are using may be important in finding that solution so please tell us the system configuration and O.S. you are using?

1- Have you tested the drive on another system like with ATTO Disk Bench to see if its the drive or your system that may be causing the slowdown?

2- Also when you setup the current system was this a fresh install of the O.S. on this SSD or did you image the drive from another HDD?

3- IN addition, when you did a format on the drive did you do a quick or full format?

Ramguy:

I didnt test on an other system, but beleave me, it isnt my system....my second HD in the system has normal Write-Speed by the same settings. (102Mb/s sequential write)

I made a fresh installation, no Image.

And i made a quick format, not full.

Is the other HDD on a different HDD SATA controller? Could be a bad port / cable. Without more info on your system, we're shooting in the dark a bit.

Is there a reason you have not responded to 4 different requests (the forum signup form, myself, DvyC, and Ram Guy) for your system info? Do you have a privacy concern or another concern that you feel should be addressed first before you list it in your profile? If so, you could always email ramguy@corsair.com with your specs and link to this thread to protect your privacy, or to at least discuss your concerns in a more private manner.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi corsair guys,

I bought a X32 disk few days ago and i have the same problem with chatanga.

I tested the disk in two different systems (1.i7 860+evga p55 2. e8400+p5k-e) and i got exactly the same dissapointing results in write. Read is quite ok.

Please advice.

crystal.png.27f879e32641623b710ab714ed01d340.png

can anyone with an x32 actually post higher write performance speeds? I had an x32 and the write was about the same, and I've seen others with similar performance.

I haven't actually seen any x32 drives performing near their listed write speeds, all ~50MB/s range.

RAM_GUY I'm sure you have access to an x32? are you able to post performance results? Seems a bit fishy that nobody seems to be getting near the listed write speed with these drives.

• Corsair Employee

I have tested these drives previously and not seen any problems, and I have asked if we can get two of the drives and do some testing here, but at this time I do not have any X32 SSD Drives to do any testing.

I would encourage who ever has this issue to call in and ask for me and we can go through a few things to make sure it is not some other issue and then have you send your drives to us and I will test them personally if needed.

Also for the record the ATTO Bench mark you posted in your first post Chatanga shows the drive performing properly, if you are complaining about the copy speeds with smaller file sizes that is normal for HDD and SSD but more noticeable with SSD's because the way they are made.

unseen

I would suggest doing a search for Gparted and run the wipe utility and then only use Quick format on the drives with 32k allocation and test them again with ATTO, if they are setup in Raid I would suggest 128K clusters for the raid Array.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for posting after so long but i wanted to be sure.

I think i tried everything and i mean everything! Gparted,mhdd,sanitary erase etc. And not only in one pc but in 2-3 desktops and in 2-3 laptops.

In hdderase (it worked only in an old laptop) i am getting an error msg "Security Erase failed".

I have a feeling that the disk is not working properly.

Please let me hear any last advice before i send it for rma.

http://www.outofspecs.gr/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8295&d=1263271866

They like you to use ATTO benchmark, because it seems to be the most accurate for SSDs.

I believe the ATTO benchmark you published shows the disk is performing to specification - i.e. just under 100 MB/sec sustained write, about 220 MB/sec sustained read.

I bought a couple of X32s last week, and subjected them to heavy testing. As new, they both gave ATTO results almost exactly like what you published. I made them slow down a bit by doing repeated benchmarking, and writing rubbish all over them. Then I was able to revive the performance by doing a security erase, after which the ATTO results returned to exactly the same as when brand new.

My tests were conducted on several machines, both using the drives as system drives, and as 'guest' disks. Results broadly the same.

The trick with the security erase is this: The first time you do it, the drive will be "not frozen" for security operations. But the first erase will set it to 'frozen'. You get around that by having your computer up and running, and only after it is running do you apply power to the SSD you want to erase. Then it will be not frozen, and you can do the security erase again.

Archived