Corsair Community

I have a few questions for Ramguy

ramproblemguy

I have the 6 gig memory kit Model TR3X6G2000C8GT and 1 of the sticks just died last night. Now I have been made aware that these memory Models were being recalled. I purchased these through Newegg in July 2009.

How do I go about getting the whole kit replaced?

Does Corsair have an Advanced RMA option?

Just a note, this model is not available in the selection box on the online RMA form.

Thanks for your time.=)

BTW, I am in San Diego.

• 3 weeks later...
Just the FYI. I got the replacements via Advanced RMA within 3 Working days of stock. They were out for a while. I Noticed that the FIN was bent on the heatsink on 1 of the sticks. No worries, refurbished..... Anyway. I got these puppies to 1933-7-7-7-21-57-1T on 1.65. Heat is not a problem.

• 1 month later...
It's quicker just to fill out the form. Exactly how have you figured out it's the stick? What memtest are you using, 4.00?

BSOD on boot.

Changed BIOS to default settings.

BSOD on boot.

Changed B1 and B3. BIOS Reads 4GB memory.

Took out B2, BIOS Reads 4 GIG.

Put B3 into B2, BIOS Read 4GB

Put the Other Stick in B2, BIOS Reads 2gig.

1 Bad stick

That would suggest a problem with the MB or CPU, will both modules post and run properly in slot A1?

I'm not sure you are following me. the 2 Good sticks will post and boot into windows when I have them in slot B1. The BAD STICK will NOT POST Or Boot into windows when in slot B1.

The 2 GOOD Sticks pass memtest when tested by themselves. The BAD STICK Fails Memtest when tested by itself.

Archived