Corsair Community

TW3X2G1600C9D G works on AM3 platform?

Cosmin83

Is this Dominator 2x1Gb DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 1.8V compatible with my Asus M4A79XTD EVO moterboard? I already went to their compatibility list http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=vk9Pqxby9MjO0WHm and didn't find it. Are just the ones starting with CM... code name compatible with AMD, and not TW... also?

Why doesn't the search on Corsair's site find TW3X2G1600C9D G, the closest match being TW3X2G1600C9DHX?

Thank you!

• Corsair Employees

According to AMD the memory supported by that CPU would be:

Memory Controller Frequency: Up to 2.0GHz with Dual Dynamic Power Management

Types of Memory: Unreg. DIMMs up to PC2 8500 (DDR2-1066MHz) and PC3 1333 (DDR3-1333MHz)

According to AMD the memory supported by that CPU would be:

OK -- so it is possible to dumb down the 1600 so that it will work?

A certain distributor has bundled TW3X4G1600C9D with an AM3 board and Phenom II processor. "My system keeps freezing" notes are popping up everywhere. I'm sure most of us would like to get our RAM to function rather than hassle with returning it (especially since some like me slightly modified the fins one stick to accomodate the HSF).

I've tried it with BIOS on auto, BIOS manually set, with ratios as low as 1:2 (800) and as high as 1:4 and no CPU OC.

It passes 3 hours of memtest, 2 hours of prime 95, crashes routinely after anything in super pi or a couple minutes of browsing. Sometimes it crashes after the mouse cursor is moved 10 cm immediately after bootup and login.

For example, I can run 2 hours of prime 95, shut it down, open a browser, freeze.

That happened with all auto, 1.8v, 1066. Do you still want me to try it at 1333 and report back?

Vista Business SP 2 (oddly enough, I have been about to do patching with reasonable reliability although all downloads, browsing, installing, unzipping, etc. can take 2 or more tries before a crash results).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived