Corsair Community

Question regarding H50 cooling unit

m2hmghb

Does Corsair cover damage to parts from a leak? I am debating about getting one of these coolers, but since they are self contained I would like to know whether the manufacturer will cover damage resulting from proper usage of the device. I see the cooler uses distilled water and propylene glycol, does that alter the conductivity of the water and prevent shorts? Thanks in advance.

Q: What’s the liquid inside the unit?

A: The liquid inside the H50 is distilled water with Propylene Glycol added to prevent corrosion and organic build-up.

• Corsair Employees
Corsair would only be able to replace our own components in the event of failure. The unit is entirely sealed and can not be opened. There is no way for the unit to leak, so there should be no risk of the liquid inside the unit causing a short.

• Corsair Employees
A faulty hose would be something very obvious before you even removed the H50 form the box. Once the unit is installed there is virtually no chance of it coming apart. Of course anything is possible, but we have not seen any leaking units and it would be very unlikely for the unit to start having problems after it has been installed.

Archived