Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9 comatibility with AMD

Jarko

I am having issues with my new build freezing up at random times. Someone is telling me that the above RAM is not compatible with AMD cpus. Is this the really case? Has anyone used TW3X4G1333C9 with an AM3 socket ADM CPU?

What are the recommended timings/bios settings?

Thanks Jarko

• Corsair Employees

The supported memory for that CPU would be

Types of Memory Supported: Support for unregistered DIMMs up to PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066MHz) -AND- PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333MHz)

So yes it may not support DDR1333 with out over clocking. Did you try and set the memory frequency to DDR1066 and test the memory with http://www.memtest.org?

I haven't even looked at what speed the memory is actually running at. I should check that out. If it was running at 1333Mhz, would it explicitely say this number in the BIOS? Which exact setting in BIOS is it? Please bare with me as I do not have much experience with this stuff.

Other than that, I set the timings manually in BIOS to 9-9-9-24 2T and did some testing with OCCT. With medium or large data sets, it locked up immediately after the test started (1-3 seconds). CPU did not even have time to warm up. Small data set ran fine.

I increased voltage to 1.7. It still locked up. But since I increased voltage to 1.75 it has been stable. I ran OCCT for both medium and large datasets and no errors/lockups. I was able to install windows updates no problem (before, it was guaranteed to lock up).

My RAM is supposed to be rated at 1.5V (says right on the chip). Are there any drawbacks to running it at a voltage so much higher than the manufacturer's rating?

OK the effective speed my memory is running at is 1333Mhz. I have never changed it.

So I guess the main question is: is it OK to run this memory at 1.75V instead of 1.5V? Will this reduce its lifespan? Will it void the warranty?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same ram, and the same problem. I first set the ddr Voltage to 1.7 V and the system was stable for 3 days, then the problem reoccured. Now I changed clock rate to 1066

My question, is it possible to raise voltage to 1.75 V (or even higher), or could that harm my NB / CPU / MB ? Should I stay at 1066MHz instead?

Thanks Michi

thanks for the quick response, of course I`ve read the post above mine, but I worried more about my board and CPU than the RAM ;)

edit: I changed DDR Voltage to 1.76 V now, the system still freezes, should I change other voltages when DDR voltage is raised ?

thanks Michi

Archived