Corsair Community

XMS2 C4 and C5 together

Catilina

Hi, I have a problem with these two kind of ram. Before the upgrade I had two blank of TWIN xms2 2X1024-6400 C4 in dual channel mode and everything worked fine. Then i bought a single blank of xms2 2048-6400 C5 and are started little problem. Always CRC error when I try to extract files, always CRC error. Each time when I work with an application it crashes, and occasionally occur BSOD. I am sure that these problems are cause of ram because when I remove it ( the 2gb C5) the problems dissapear. I have read that is recommended to use the same type of ram, but when i bought it I did't know it. What can i do? These blank may not work together?

thanks,Bye.

Sorry for my english, I am italian.

• Corsair Employees

It's possible that they may not work together, but I would try manually configuring the following settings in your BIOS to see if you can get them to run together.

Memory Frequency: 667MHz

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

CAS Latency: 5

tRCD: 5

tRP: 5

tRAS: 15

Also make sure you have the latest BIOS for the board for the best chances of compatibility.

Thanks, Rum Guy. I have upgraded the bios, but I can't change the memory frequency. But otherwise I have done several memtest and it found error. In all cases, together with other blank and only the 2gb C5 mounted, the memtest always found errors. Is the ram gone??

Archived