Corsair Community

New Hydrocool Help

Target74

ok guys just got a hydrocool and I have a slight problem it appears that the 120mm fan is not spinning!!!! Is there something I can check or am i just outta luck? if so i guess I will go back to air as i am not that impressed so far. how much difference will that fan make? my temp are starting out higher than when i was on air? Help???

Target74, The fans used in the HC have lock-rotor protection with auto-start. A nice feature to have indeed. :): Therefore, check to see if any shipping parts, wires, or obstruction has stopped the fan from freely spinning. If that isn't a cause, then verify the wire connection of the fan to the front display board. See if the fan connector, under the hot glue, missed the pins on the display board. If this is the case, try pushing the connector fully on. Try to be careful since that area is somewhat tight. Reply back if you need further assistance. :winking: Stev

ok i have messed with it and got it 2 work. now another question what temps should i expect? room temp is around 78-80 and water temp is showing 83, that does not seem 2 bad, but cpu temp is showing 109? is that normal? I was idleing @ about 112(44C) before i only dropped 1-2 degree? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated...

Target74, Glad to hear that the unit is now working. :biggrin: Your temps are doing generally fair as I have no clue to the MOBO or processor you're using. The reading your BIOS gives for the processor temps will be off by as much as +/-10%. The probe only measures temps under the base of the processor. See some of the posts here by eva2000. If you had followed the directions to add [COLOR=Lime]ALL[/COLOR] the coolant mixture and top the reservoir off with distilled water up to the bottom threads, your temps should level out in a few days as the bubbles work out of the system. Every now and then, rock the HC gently to purge more bubbles out. The HC will cool to ambient room temps. Enjoy! Stev

sorry i am running a asus p4pe with a 533 2.8 p4 all stock settings.I was giving the temps measured with the same program(asus probe) air/water.my idle temp is basically unchanged, but the load temp only varies by 4-5 degrees, only marginallly better than air. I still feel a little uneasy about the whole deal. Shouldn't my temps be better than that or was my air colling doing that good? I was hoping to cut 3-4 degrees off @ idle and 8-12 under load and im not even close to that. I did follow the instructions, i added all coolant and filled with distilled water and have been burping the system. I am curious to see if my temps improve. Thanks you for you help and I will gladly try any suggestions you have.

Target74, Doing an Advance search just in this forum of"HydroCool", the Asus board run a little hotter for the P4. However, after reviewing a few of these posts, temps were down to 25.5C. I didn't get any ambient temps to compare with. :sigh!: Another helpful tip was to use all of the thermal paste rather than being sparing with it. Remember, this is micro-channel technology in the cold-block. Stev

Archived