Corsair Community

Temperature - What is real

vinjeman

I am overclocking an Athlon 2500 mobile, reading 28.5 on the Hydrocool and 36.0 on Motherboard Monitor. Can someone explain the vast difference between the sensors? Not that I'm bitching because I am at least 12c cooler that with my old Thermaltake Aquarius internal cooler. This is a quality piece. BTW, ordered afternoon and arrived the next day from Newegg (free :D: shipping). thanks for your time, jv

The H200 temperature comes from the temp sensor located on top of the cold block - giving you basically your block temperature and traditionally will be between 3 - 10C colder than your actual cpu temp. This is listed inlisted in the H200 datasheet: [url]http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/HydrocoolEXDatasheet.pdf[/url] or in the manual: [url]http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/products/specs/HydroCoolManualENGLISH.pdf[/url] Motherboard Monitor is giving you your cpu temps through your motherboards chipset/bios and is fairly accurate. I placed a temp probe next to and touching my cpu and get a backup reading through my Digidoc5. That temp is usually .5 - 1.5C cooler than the bios reading. Enjoy, it's a good cooling system.

:sunglasse What you have said roughly reflects what I am seeing on the monitors. I am very happy with the results that I'm getting from what I see is a very well built "quality" instrument. Hey, has anyone seen it adapted to cool e.g. the chipset or video card? Also, I hear of people giving formulas for the coolant but doesnt that void the warrantee?

vinjeman, Yes, the HC can be adapted to handle the chipsets for the GPU and NB/PC Express as well. However, the only limited factor is the 200Watts that the HC can dissipate. So, if your under that limit, you can cool many of the processors. The coolant formula is basically, 33% propylene glycol to 2/3 "distilled water". Enjoy! :sunglasse Stev

Archived