Corsair Community

System Seems slower since installing new PSU

chenc22

Hi, everyone. I just switched out my old Dell 305W PSU and replaced it with Corsair's HX520W PSU. Despite being a relative newbie at upgrading computers, my PC powered up just fine on first try. No unconnected wires or misconnected cables (wiping off sweat). The thing is, it seems as if my computer is running a little slower now that I have a bigger PSU. Firefox takes longer to load up, as do opening files or browsing the file explorer. This slow-down happens right after my computer boots up into Windows, not after the computer has been on for awhile. It is significant enough of a slow-down for me to notice it. Anyone has any suggestions on why that might be?

First couple of things I do when computer starts working slow is delete all temporary files. Next is unplug both modem and router for about 30 secondes each (then plug back in) amazing how many times these simple steps have restored performance.

No I don't think your percieved slow down is P/S related

Yeah...I find it unlikely to be the PSU but I can't think of any other reason. I searched through the forum and found another thread with the same issue. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=60401&highlight=hx520+slow

I am going to try reseting my bios' load setup default like RAM GUY said and see if it does anything. Unfortunately I am uncertain on how to check the voltage in the system bios as RAM GUY suggested. I don't think I saw anything like that in my dell system bios. I will double check and make sure.

I will also try what you said. I am pretty good with cleaning my temp files but I will give anything a try.

Archived