Corsair Community

CMD4GX2M2A1066C5 won't run faster than 836Mhz

dionysusd

I bought Dominator PC 8500 memory as an "upgrade" to the PC 6400 that I had in before, however I can't get it to run at 1066 speeds any changes I make to the bios (voltage, timings, or ratio - anything other than auto) cause a failure to post. Previous memory was able to run @ 1007 stable and would boot at faster speeds. I would like to be able to take advantage of the more expensive and currently slower memory that I have purchased. Thank you for your help.

Can you tell me the exact BIOS settings you have set for both CPU and memory?

FSB Freq - 419

PCIE Freq - Auto

FSB Strap to NB - Auto

DRAM Freq - Auto

DRAM Timing Control - Auto

1st Info : 5-5-5-18-3-52-6-3

2nd Info : 8-3-5-4-6-4-7

3rd Info : 14-5-1-6-6

DRAM Static Read - Auto

DRAM Read Training - Auto

MEM OC Charger - Auto

AI Clock Twister - Auto

AI Transaction Booster - Auto

C/P : A1 A2 A3 A4 : B1 B2 B3 B4

LVL : 13 13 13 13 : 13 13 13 13

CPU Volt - Auto

FSB Termination Volt - Auto

Memory Volt - Auto

NB Volt - Auto

SB Volt - Auto

Load Line Calibration - Auto

CPU GTC Reference - Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum - Auto

PCIE Spread Spectrum - Auto

CPU Clock Skew - Auto

NB Clock Skew - Auto

CPU Margin Enchancement - Auto

1st Timing shows 5-5-5-18, but if I set it to manual it automatically sets 5-5-5-15, but will not post. Same problem if I change DRAM Freq or Volt, no post. I have never had any stability probs to warrant increasing CPU Volt and have run under heavy stress (prime95, Everest, COD ect...). I never had any probs changing memory freq in the past unless I went to high. Also I purchased your cooling unit for this ram and it sounds like bearings are shot already and have had it in less than a week, should I send it back to you or the egg? I was very excited to order and receive your products and I paid a premium for what is billed as a premium product. I want to like them but it is not going well so far. Thank you for your time and advice.

Archived