Corsair Community

Triple Channel Problems with CMG6GX3M3A1600C7

walterkovacs

My specs are as I have provided when registered and I am getting hard locks when all 3 sticks of RAM are in my system. I can use a single stick without issue, but when the second or third stick is used in dual or triple channel, the system will hard lock.

I have ran a mem test on all 3 sticks together and it has passed, I have also tested each stick individually and they have passed.

I have the correct timing and voltage settings set in the BIOS and it doesn't appear to make much of a difference, it will still hard lock.

Not really sure what else to try; any suggestions??

**edit** I apologize, I guess I could have been more descriptive about the RAM:

It is 3 sticks of 2GB DDR3 1600MHZ 7-7-7-20 1.65v

Have you adjusted your QPI voltage along with your DIMM voltage? Try setting them to 1.30v and 1.65v respectively.

I recently ordered this RAM also but have been confused as I can not find any information on this part number, it was sold on NewEgg as Dominator-GT but its not on the website.

Alright, no luck with the adjusted QPI voltage.

I really don't understand this at all. It's so frustrating.

I can test/trigger the problem by doing a "Check for Updates" on Windows Updater. That'll hard lock the system if there's anything more than 1 single ram module.

The little post code thing on the board says it freezes at usually "Verifying Channel 2 masked interrupts" or sometimes "Test DMA Channel 1"

Archived