Corsair Community

Overclock with Asus P5Q-E mobo

anujpuri85

Hello...

I was wondering if anyone might have any good overclock settings for 2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5D. That's 8gb ram in all. I have an Asus P5Q-E mobo with a Q6600 quad cpu, with windows vista 64bit. any suggestions would be appreciated. so far, the only settings I've changed in the bios is setting the timings to 5-5-5-15, the speed at 1066, and the voltage at 2.14. Everything else is at auto. the computer does run stable with the 8gb and these settings. the cpu is not overclocked, so if anyone has suggestions on how to do that as well, i would appreciate it. everywhere i've read, people say that if you have 4 sticks of memory, you should lower the speeds, however the system runs very stable at the 1066. i keep my computer running for days on end without any issues. any help with overclocking would greatly be appreciated. thanks

• Corsair Employees
I can't O/C the CPU while keeping the memory at 1066?

A: NO not with 4 modules, you might get a little out of the system but I doubt it would do much over DDR1070 with 4 modules installed.If it will even post at DDR1066 with all four installed.

and is there a huge difference between 1066 and 800?

A: NO its nominal in a memory bench mark and many times when you leave the timings at Auto and run the memory at DDR667 or DDR800 it will run the memory at tighter timings and help make up the difference of the slower frequency.

Archived