Corsair Community

CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 question

h3x3d

I recently found this ram on NewEgg and several other sites but i have seen no reference to this part on Corsair or any review sites. Searching the forum returned no results either, does anyone have information on this part:

CMG6GX3M3A1600C7

Corsair Dominator GT (3x2GB) PC3-12800 CAS 7

Nobody...? I see most of the places that carry this item are not in NA and most seem to say this wont be available until this week or next. Is it just a new item that has not yet been added to the site or is this some kind of trick to sell dual channel ram in sets of 3 as triple channel?

As per the rules please do not double post.

There is no such thing as Dual / Triple Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual or triple channel.

CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 is the new part number for TR3X6G1600C7. Same everything.

Thank you for your reply.

The part TR3X6G1600C7 is XMS3, the part CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 is sold as Dominator-GT.

I was under the impression these were a different series of RAM and the dominator, and especially the GT, were made with higher quality IC.

I understand the difference in dual and triple channel now, but I just wanted to make sure these modules were tested together.

The re-launched Dominator GT memory kits are also being updated with new part numbers. No changes have been made to the existing black/red design, or the limited lifetime warranty. The new kits and specifications are as follows:

6GB i7 kit - part number CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 - three 2GB DDR3 modules, rated at 2000MHz 7-7-7-20

4GB AMD kit - part number CMG4GX3M2A1600C6 - two 2GB DDR3 modules, rated 1600MHz 6-6-6-18

6GB i7 kit - part number CMG6GX3M3A2000C8 - three 2GB DDR3 modules, rated 2000MHz 8-8-8-24

6GB i7 kit - part number CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 - - three 2GB DDR3 modules, rated 1866MHz 7-7-7-20

• Corsair Employees
The part TR3X6G1600C7 is XMS3, the part CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 is sold as Dominator-GT

These are the same basic part and rated at the same spec. The Dominator GT version just has a better heat spreader and comes with a Fan.

And any part that is sold as set would be tested as a set.

Archived