Corsair Community

Faulty hx620 ?

djcj

I have been using my system for just over 2 years with no problems whatsoever, until a couple of weeks ago when it now will not boot at all, not even post to bios.

Everything appears to boot fine, all fans spin up etc but no video is produced to the monitor. Over the past 2 weeks i have tried 3 different monitors, 3 different vga cables, 2 different graphics cards, tested the ram, tested the cpu and tested the mobo. Everything i have tested all work fine which only really leaves the psu.

Is it possible for the psu to be faulty in this way? The psu fan is spinning and it is supllying some power as case and cpu fans are spinning, but is it possible it has stopped supplying enough power? Has this been known to happen to anyone else before?

Check and see if your motherboard has the feature or if it has a MB speaker plugged in...

If you have an ATi graphics card, you'll see LED's light up on the card to indicate that it's not getting enough voltage.

The only other options is to get another PSU and see if it boots, or get one of those PSU testers to see if it's supplying the right voltage.

The board has an internal speaker, it sounds off beeps if i remove the ram so is working. As i say, i have tested the mobo, the ram, the gpu and all are working fine, the only other thing is this psu.

How much do these psu testers cost?

You say no POST, but also say everything seems do boot just fine. I had a case of a sudden "no signal" error message and I did a reset to defaults in my GPU settings (mine was NIVIDA) do you have the potential to check for output at other ports? In my case I was to suprised to find I had output on my s-video port. Everything re-set and has been working fine for months in my case.

Archived