Corsair Community

2 pairs of TWIN2X4096-8500C5D BSODS etc...

Dougw133

Seems to be trendy on here.

Just upgraded a few components. I am running windows 7 64. I am getting frequent crashes and BSOD's with this ram. Here's what's getting me. Memtest 86+ shows 64 errors with all 4 Sticks (8GB) installed. Individually installed with 7 passes of memtest there are NO erros. So now I figured I'd rotate a stick through all 4 dimms and again, NO errors! What I noticed this time around that memtest is showing my ram running at 200MHZ and timings of 1-3-3-3-11? I have it manually set at 800MHZ and timings of 5-5-5-15 and 2.1V. I have the latest bios and when I look in the bios I seemy settings but there is a grayed out reading that says

"DCT0 1st Information : 1-3-3-2(4) -3-11-3-2.

This appears to me that my board doesnt want to run my settings? Why on earth would it run at DDR 400 and such odd timings?

The ram is brand new out of the box and the Corsair tech support inquiry just sent me an RMA..Not even what I wanted..Ideas?

I am running the 8GB as I type.. 400MHZ 5-5-5-15. I am tapping around on the internet and playing with some files for my HTPC..I know as soon as I use a program or run a game it's gonna be lights out..Scaring me right now that it's running.

EDIT: BSOD again...winssys32 was involved..?

Oh well..Ran memtest again with all 8GB installed and got 1005 errors. All in Test #5 on the first pass..I cannot narrow which stick it is..So am I too RMA All 4 sticks? I am supposed to get rebates on both kits from amazon as well? How affect that?

What board are you running? FSB? Memory multiplier? DRAM Voltage? NorthBridge Voltage? Any extra settings that you have defined, or have available to define?

You're going to have to bump the voltage to the memory controller (on-die in an AMD or on the NB in an Intel).

Your memory coming up with odd timings is interesting, does it do that with all of the sticks individually? If you have 3 that come up fine, but 1 that comes up bogus it is obviously that stick. If it starts happening after the 3rd stick is installed, it's likely voltage, or simply relaxing the timings.

The memory is rated at 5-5-5-15 with 2.1V with the 2 sticks alone, when you drop another 2 in they've got to run looser timings...

EDIT: I can see you've go the M4N82 Deluxe.... Sorry to say, but it's hometime for me after a day of IT work, and I'm too lazy right now to look up the specs :p:!

After manually setting the timings memtest shows the correct timings as well as CPUZ.

Board specs

Running 200MHZ FSB (Stock Clock for CPU). Volatge at 2.2, Sorry I forget NB voltage but I bumped it up. If I were to have to relax the timings, what timings would suffice such a configuration? Should I be running Ganged or unganged?

Errors in test 5 would suggest some other problem and what frequency are you running the memory at? I would suggest DDR667 or DDR800.

I am typing this with all 8GB installed...:bigeyes: I never expected to be able to run all 4 at 1066

It's worrying me. I have been here before and then BSOD!

Right now...I am running all 4 Unganged, 800MhZ, 2.2V, NB at 1.35V, Nvidia 200 at 1.28, CPU to NB at 1.28.

Timings are 5-5-5-18(2T), and my bios Latest version, only has "Auto" as a setting for TRc which is at 23.

• Corsair Employees
Please go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Volts to +.2 Volts over default and set the memory frequency at DDR667 and leave the timings at AUTO and then test it again.

Archived