Corsair Community

TWIN2X4096-8500C5D - Crashing, unstability and BSOD's

superstoffe

Hello,

I have problems with regular crashes and BSOD's.. where the messages are mixed between. BAD_POOL_HEADER, IRQL_NOT_OR_EQUAL, nvlddmkm, win32k.sys...

That instantly makes you suspect the ram-memories, which in my case is TWIN2X4096-8500C5D. The thing is though, that I quite recently bought them and they shuldn't be faulty.

I am currently running a fresh and new install of Windows 7 x64, with all the latest drivers.

What could the problem be? Is something incompitable?

I got the memories in 2.1 voltage, and have tried altering the frequency etc. But no luck. The crashes keeps coming.

That except this morning when I was able to play Aion for an hour without crashing. I've had the powercord unplugged all night, can it have anything to with that?

Any help greatly appreciated! I'm totally lost here..

Hello,

I have problems with regular crashes and BSOD's.. where the messages are mixed between. BAD_POOL_HEADER, IRQL_NOT_OR_EQUAL, nvlddmkm, win32k.sys...

That instantly makes you suspect the ram-memories, which in my case is TWIN2X4096-8500C5D. The thing is though, that I quite recently bought them and they shuldn't be faulty.

I am currently running a fresh and new install of Windows 7 x64, with all the latest drivers.

I got the memories in 2.1 voltage, and have tried altering the frequency etc. But no luck. The crashes keeps coming.

That except this morning when I was able to play Aion for an hour without crashing. I've had the powercord unplugged all night, can it have anything to with that?

I am having the exact same issues! Also some of the BSOD's with the "Win32k.sys". I too am running fresh install if windows 7 64 bit. Same ram and amount.

Hello,

I am having the exact same issues! Also some of the BSOD's with the "Win32k.sys". I too am running fresh install if windows 7 64 bit. Same ram and amount.

If you can test both sticks, and pass individually here are some things that I try when troubleshooting. I just went through this on my new Giga-Byte board. I was overclocking mind you, but the same rules apply ;):.

You might try swapping the sticks, some like to lead, and others follow. In the same respect, try the other channel as well. For example, my Giga-Byte board seems to like the red more than the yellow (I've got the same kit TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF, only a single mind you -- same config as both of you I believe, plus they're overclocked just over 1100 at 5-5-5-18 :D:)!

I've read and found that the TRFC works well at 60 (most boards want to run it higher), and that it is best to define the CMD Rate at 2.

The only other suggestion would be to bump the NB voltage +1 or +2 volts. I've got mine at 1.28v right now, and it's holding strong. Sits around 40 degrees when I'm running OCCT. The rule of thumb is not to go over 1.3V when passive or on air. Reason being is 4GB is more of a stress on the NB where the Memory Controller is, some may need a little boost to help. Sounds crazy, but this is an issue I found on my ASUS P5Q PRO even at stock speeds...

Also, enable Load Line Calibration, you may be experiencing vDroop issues (where the voltage is set to 1.2V but is actually 1.175V).

All you can do is see what happens!

Oh, lastly, while clocking and playing, I found that some of my voltages (the Term and Ref) were set at Auto and were extremely low! Example: DRAM Reference is supposed to be 0.900V but was in the 0.600V range! After changing AUTO to NORMAL it all picked up. If I specified 0.900V it made it worse! This wreaked havoc on me!

Lots to go through, and a little messy, but hopefully you can extract some information to make things more stable for you!

[snip]

Oh, lastly, while clocking and playing, I found that some of my voltages (the Term and Ref) were set at Auto and were extremely low! Example: DRAM Reference is supposed to be 0.900V but was in the 0.600V range! After changing AUTO to NORMAL it all picked up. If I specified 0.900V it made it worse! This wreaked havoc on me!

[snip]

Thank you, thank you thank, thank you, thank you! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: The excerpt above was the final clue to resolving a crash problem :mad: :mad: that was driving me absolutely insane. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Asus P5KPL1600 was not supplying enough voltage to the RAM when left on AUTO - I adjusted it up by 2 clicks from the AUTO setting, and VOILA - from a randomly crashing computer that almost drove me to buying a PS3 just to play Assassins Creed and Batman Arkham Asylum, I now have a slightly overclocked 2.89 Ghz dream machine. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Once again, thank you (and thank you Google that led me here). :D: :D:

Archived