Corsair Community

Is this issue covered under warranty?

bearsnotbombs

The fan in my corsair 400cx power supply is slightly off-balance, enough to sound like an old film projector. it's fairly annoying at times.

Anyways, the reason i'm asking if this is covered is because I myself, caused the problem. I had a set of headphones sitting on top of my case, and part of the headphone cable slipped through the grill over the fan and dropped down into the power supply. The fan stopped spinning, I'm not sure for how long, but long enough to be screwed up.

I read the warranty information, and this incident could easily fall into the category of "end-user negligence", in which case why would they repair it for free AND pay for shipping? I'm a bit paranoid, but I think it's justified... it's my fault after all. I didn't have to set my headphones on top of my PC. heh...

Now, I'm not unfamiliar with power supplies. I was thinking I could just remove the interior fan (I've done it before... easy cake..), and kill the problem at the source. Then I would just place a different muffin fan of mine on top. Hell, even a small desk fan would circulate the air enough to keep it from becoming heat-soaked.

Should I RMA this little nuisance or save my time and remove the fan?

And keep in mind that I cannot RMA this PS until I buy a new PS to use in the mean-time while it's gone. I'm in the process of building another PC so having an "extra" power supply hanging around will not be a waste of money, it will become a full-time player in it's own box.

thanks and peace.

dj bath

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

sounds great! as soon as i have my alternate power supply i'll make sure to RMA this little guy so you can replace it for me.

that's great customer service in my book =]

Archived