Corsair Community

Memtest errors with TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX on ASUS P5W DH Deluxe

Legedric

Hello,

im have a problem with my system since I bought some new RAM modules last week and I do not know how to solve it.

Just to clarify: Yes, i know that I am not able to use the complete 4GB of RAM with this OS, the OS will be updated once Windows 7 64 bit is available for retail.

My problem is that especially memtest test #6 is getting errors (depending on seetings between 11 and 120 errors) other (later) tests also bring up errors but this is the test which always throws errors independent of my BIOS settings.

So here are the settings i tested until now:

4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V (which seems to be the recommended seetings)

5-4-4-12 @ 2.1V

5-5-5-18 @ 2.1V (which seems to be the SPD setting)

4-4-4-12 @ Memory Voltage set to "auto"

5-4-4-12 @ Memory Voltage set to "auto"

5-5-5-18 @ Memory Voltage set to "auto"

So any of those settings results in errors as soon as test #6 hits roughly 20% in memtest.

I also tried some tests setting my FSB back to 266 and even with DRAM frequency set down to 667, but I am still getting errors...

So... perhaps is the memroy itself broken? Any advice given to me is much apreciated.

Best regards,

Legedric

Although I did not finish testing yet I may say that one of my modules seems to have a production failure...

Slot 1 - Module 1: OK

Slot 1 - Module 2: Errors

Slot 2 - Module 1: OK

Slot 2 - Module 2: Errors

Slot 3 - Module 1: OK

Slot 3 - Module 2: Errors

The tests for slot 4 are running right now but honestly I don't think the result will be any different...

So I guess I have to send them back to Amazon and hope they will quickly send me some working modules. :(

Thanks for your advice!

Best regards,

Legedric

Edit: Tests for slot 4 had the same results... so I will head over to the online RMA form.

So how long will it take to get my replacements if I send the stuff from germany? ;)

Archived