Corsair Community

Biostar TA790GX 128M ram issues... HELP

dragslaya112

I just recently bought a 4gb(2x2) twin corsair xms2 800mhz ddr2 ram. When i first build the pc i put the 4 gb in the first two specified slots and 2gb of some qimonda ram that i took from my old dell and i overclocked the pc and it ran stable and healthy. Then i decided i wanted to take out the 2gb of qimonda ram so that i could run my 4gb at their full 800mhz potential but when i booted up without the other 2gb of qimonda my computer was unstable and BSOD'ed so i loaded all defaults and ran again sure enough.. still getting BSOD'ed when i put the 2gb of qimonda back in it runs fine but it will not run on the corsair 4gb alone even on a cmos reset. plz help ramguy

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.9-2.0 Volts then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived