Corsair Community

XMS2 16GB kit v. Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R

training4life

I would like to put a 16GB kit into my newly built computer using this motherboard so I can use my existing 8GB (4 x 2GB) in my older computer. Can someone tell me if this will work by default or would I need to adjust settings in the bios with timings, etc.? I appreciate any and all answers/recommendations!

If not this Corsair memory kit, is there another 16 GB kit that would be recommended, or even buying two 8 GB kits, if that would work? I would do 8GB now and then 8Gb when prices come down more, however, I would prefer the memory all be from the same batch.

I have a Corsair power supply and love it because it is very efficient and quiet!

Thanks!

Greetings from the beautiful city of Ormond! Thanks for your quick reply that it would work. I wasn't sure if the memory listed at the bottom of the memory configuration page would also work for sure or a list of others that "may" work.

Hopefully I can get the 16GB kit pretty quick and pop it in with no further changes to be made in my bios. I try to stay out of the bios making changes unless absolutely necessary. I need to bolt the computer down before I put it in though :D:

Archived