Corsair Community

Little worried about paint finish/quality on Obsidian 800D

Alloneword

I'm looking at new cases right now and the Obsidian 800D is in the running, but i have read a few reports about the paint chipping of or coming away, are there any Obsidian 800D owners who can give me some feedback on this issue and what the quality of the paint finish is like as far as longevity is concerned (given it's not been out too long)

All1

From what i've gathered, it's very few cases that have had problems with paint. If i'm not mistaken, those who had that issue, had all been through the amazingly poor american shippingsystem, and therefore arrived in more or less crushed boxes.

Under those circumstances, it's hardly surprising that some of them had damaged paint.

I'm not quite sure on this. But my impression is, that this isn't a common problem.

I did my build last night and when going to close one of the side panels, I accidentally scraped the corner of the panel along the top of the case for a second. It didn't scratch. I wouldn't do it again even to prove a point, but I've had cases where doing this immediately caused a scratch.

Archived