Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 4GB (2x2GB) incompatible with my Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR??

thepedalman

Hi all,

This problem has my hardware supplier and their wholesaler stumped. They can't find any Corsair Dual Channel DDR3 that will work with the Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR (Q9550 cpu) I have just purchased. The word from Corsair support is that they are compatible but myself, my supplier or their supplier can't get this ram (or any of their current stock of Corsair ram) to work without errors. The basic situation is as follows:

In slot 1, each stick of ram works with zero errors. When both sticks of ram are installed in "any" configuration.. either a single channel or dual channel (slots 1 & 2 -single, slots 1 & 3, or 2 & 4 - dual), the ram fails with errors in memtest86+ 2.11 within 15 minutes or less. Single sticks of ram also fail in slot 3 within 15 minutes. I've spent 2 days of testing and documenting (documentation available if it will help). These are not a few errors but rather pages of continual errors. So to clarify, that ram sticks when tested individually passes extensive tests with no errors but fail very quick when both sticks are installed in any configuration.

This is occurring on 3 separate motherboards, one here, one at the supplier, and one at the wholesaler. My supplier http://www.pccasegear.com.au is of the opinion that due to some shift in technology, the latests DDR3 has somehow become incompatible with P45 based motherboards but is unsure. If anyone could shed some light on the problem I would be eternally grateful. Perhaps we can tweak the bios to get this working, or perhaps someone can recommend me some corsair ram that is currently available, that has been proven to work with my motherboard.

At the moment the timings are set as 8-8-8-24 with the voltage set at 1.66V (1.65 is not available as a choice on the motherboard). XMP profiles are disabled. The ram has also been run on bios defaults with the same results.

Thanks in advance for you help in this matter

Regards

Jules - thepedalman

• Corsair Employees

I would have to assume that you and the reseller may not be setting the system properly

And you do know that you cannot set the memory faster than that CPU FSB with an Intel chipset right? In other words the fastest you can set the memory on that MB with the CPU you have would be DDR1333 unless you over clock the CPU.

Archived