Corsair Community

TW3X4G1600C9DHX dual channel problem?

Breen

I've been having stability issues with TW3X4G1600C9DHX on an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO board since September 12th. Running the ram in dual channel cases the machine to crash/freeze within 5 mins of booting. Running in single channel appears to work for at least a few hours but I haven't been able to do sufficient testing to call this configuration stable. I've been running programs like Prime95 and Everest's stability test. In both of these programs the system would tend to freeze when in dual channel after a few mins of use. I've run Prime95 over night in single channel and it appeared to still be going early this morning.

Right now the ram is slotted into slots A1 and A2 on the board (first black slot and first blue slot). They are running at 1066 with no over clocking at all.

The only change to the motherboard I've made is to disable the onboard Raedon 4200 HD. I've also set the boot sequence of the video to PCI first.

The board bios is current: 0407 (released in September 09).

• Corsair Employees
With both modules in dual channel please go to BIOS setup and then load setup defaults and set the memory frequency to DDR1333 and set the memory Voltage to 1.8 Volts and leave the timings at AUTO except put Command Rate to 2t/N then disable Legacy USB when running any memory test, I would suggest http://www.memtest.org to test the memory.

With both modules in dual channel please go to BIOS setup and then load setup defaults and set the memory frequency to DDR1333 and set the memory Voltage to 1.8 Volts and leave the timings at AUTO except put Command Rate to 2t/N then disable Legacy USB when running any memory test, I would suggest http://www.memtest.org to test the memory.

Thanks I'll give that a try. I expect the Ram is good and should pass memtest.

I've run Memtest and it passed with no errors.

The memory is running in dual channel (blue slots) at 1333. The only problem with my board (or may be this version of the bios) is that I can't set the ram to 2t/N. When Windows boots I can see in Everest and CPU-Z that the memory is running as 1N.

When I tried to run Prime95 it freezed once again after a few mins of use.

Any other suggestions?

Archived