Corsair Community

Regular BSOD with TW3X4G1600C9DHX

ikke

Because I use 2x2GB all of the usable memory will be in dual channel mode (orange slots). Besides 3x1GB costs more … so I was prepared to spoil some memory.

All BIOS settings are standard.

I ‘m using XP Pro SP3 (32 bit, without PAE) and I know that the usable memory will be around 3 GB.

On average 2 times a day I get a BSOD (STOP A and STOP D1) so far always when I do a click in Internet Explorer 8.

When searching different forums I notice that many people have similar problems and very often the memory is accused. So far I even left the Memory Remap Feature Enabled.

What does Memory Remap actually do for an OS32 ?

Can this cause any problems or is it only a matter of the amout of usable memory ?

Is Internet Explorer 8 doing something specific with memory ? (some kind of direct access maybe)

Or is it XP and or drivers that cause the problems ?

Thanks for helping me out.

Thanks for your reaction Wired.

Having read several forums on the subject, I have already tried Memtest86+ on the sticks; as separate items and together. Corsair seems to all in the clear ...

Changing the voltage between 1.5 and 1.8 doesn't change anything.

Changing the speed between 1066 and 1333 doesn't change anything.

Stepping down to 1 stick of 2GB (1.7V and 1333 Mhz) seems to be OK. But what a waste on this good expensive memory ...

Could it be because of XP32 and 4GB ?

Hi Ram Guy, Wired

Sorry for this very late reply.

I was searching in a very different direction ...

My firewall (Outpost 3.5) was the guilty one. Disabling one of the plug-ins seems to solve the BSOD problem.

I re-inserted the 4 GB (dual channel - 1333 MHz - 1.70V) and my system is working fine for a few days now. In XP I see 3.3 GB as expected.

Thanks for your help.

Archived