Corsair Community

How can I restore my P128? HDDerase won't recognize w/ AMD 790FX

B4rr3l Rd3r

PhenomII 955 + AMD 790FX/SB750 chipset

Basically that's it, Asus M3A79-T coupled w/ Corsair P128, I've tryed already: Ultimate bootCD (latest), usb bootable pen-drive, HHDerase bootable iso, etc...

Ok then, please don't tell me to select IDE for SATA mode in bios, I've done it already with no success. Primary and secondary controller always show as none in bios. Even if I choose IDE mode, the bios surely recognizes and treats the HD as an IDE, but that's probably not natively.

The disks always shows only on SATA ports, for every mode choosen.

I've done the CCleaner Wipe space stupid stuff. Well, it completely ****ed up my SSD.

• Corsair Employees
Please try another system if you can, if not then I would try to just delete the partition and then restart the system and use Disk Manager to create and format the partition but be sure to only use the Quick option when formatting the drive.

Please try another system if you can, if not then I would try to just delete the partition and then restart the system and use Disk Manager to create and format the partition but be sure to only use the Quick option when formatting the drive.

But that dont make the same effect. Its much worst then new...

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

maybe later...I will try the HDDerase in a P45 intel board to see if it works.

RMA, only if firmware update proves to be impossible to be done by the users.

It's a expensive piece of hardware, we would really appreciate it too have the best performance and no bugs, or unless a really nice support and workarounds if it doesn't. I assume that nice support is already beeing given to us.

• Corsair Employees

I have not seen that problem with any of the Samsung Drives and when testing I have not ever had to run HDD Erase unless they were formatted improperly and that was only on one drive. Doing the format like I said has brought back every drive.

What are the performance marks in Atto or Crystal? Please post a screen shot!

P.S. I have seen where some MB's just will not let the SSD be detected when using HDD Erase so please try another system. The older S-ATA1 controllers seem to be better for that task FYI.

I have not seen that problem with any of the Samsung Drives and when testing I have not ever had to run HDD Erase unless they formatted improperly and that was only on one drive. Doing the format like I said has brought back every drive.

What are the performance parks in Atto or Crystal? Please post a screen shot!

P.S. I have seen where some MB's just will not let the SSD be detected when using HDD Erase so please try another system. The older S-ATA1 controllers seem to be better for that task FYI.

Hard to find one of those MBs,Corsair should develop a HDDerase tool that can work on SATA or windows mode.

Archived