Corsair Community

Voyager 4GB and Windows 7 Problem

mi6t0

Hi,

Since some time I have a problem with my flashdrive and windows 7. Please note that the usb works perfectly with other pcs (windows XP, vista, linux) and the USB ports on my windows 7 box recognise all other usb devices.

So - I put the flash, the LED blinks only once, then the device is being installed and nothing more happens... I cannot find it in my computer. If I open the disk management utility, I can see the drive, but it cannot be formatted or accessed. Just stays there, even showing its capacity.

Do I have to use some special drivers or something else? Any help will be appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Any drivers would be provided by the OS. I also am not to sure why you are having issues running the drive on just the system with windows 7. Only thing i can suggest is a replacement but not sure if that would even help if this was a software issue. =)

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I managed to fix it. I tried first with the panasonic format utility. It still didnt recognize it. Then I uninstalled all the drivers for the usb and it worked then. Problem fixed! :) Thanks for the reply!

Archived