Corsair Community

Help with TR3X6G1600C8D

mikellini

Hey everyone... I messed around with overclocking these sticks right when I got them, but the best I could get with 8-8-8-24 timings was 1650mhz. The power and heat sweet spot for OCing my 920 is 175x20=3500 mhz, which leaves me wanting to OC the RAM to 1750 mhz. I've gone everywhere from QPIv 1.3 to 1.35, and DRAMv 1.6 to 1.7, but to no avail... I paid the extra for these dominators so that I could have some overclocking headroom, not 3% above stock. Can anyone help me with some settings? Do I need to run 2N? I've seen numerous reviews of this RAM getting in the high 1700s/low 1800s with 8-8-8-24 timings... and now I'm ready to try again. Please help!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow no replies... well, I managed to run the RAM at 1750 mhz @ 1.66v, 1.40000 VTT, but on 9-9-9-24 timings... really disappointed in this RAM kit, supposed to be designed for enthusiasts and overclocking but getting weak results. Heck, I could get the cheaper Corsair 7-7-7-20 @ 1600 mhz kit and probably run it @ 1750 with 9-9-9-24 timings... Why did I spend more money? Next kit is probably going to be from another vendor.

Well I didn't realize 'not moderated' meant 'dead'. I thought someone would have tried to help me out. It's ok though, because I found the help on other sites... and the best these sticks can do @ 8-8-8-24 is 1660 mhz. Very disappointing. Corsair must have changed ICs to cheaper ones after these sticks were reviewed...

Archived