Corsair Community

Correct Timing/Voltage for 8GB of TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX?

jrarnold

I've been running 8GB of RAM for about six months now and just last night I had a few random crashes and couldn't load WoW at all. Previously I did have a few memory related (I assume) crashes in WoW. But just last night it got really bad where my computer was throwing up BSODs and WoW wouldn't load period. I ran memtest86+ and got a ton of errors. Then I attempted to tweak my ram timings and that caused my computer to not boot at all. So I cleared my CMOS/BIOS to get it back to default and I'm running memtest86+ again. I've currently gone through an hour of testing with no errors where as previously I was getting 60+ errors in under 20 minutes.

However, are the default settings of 5-5-5-18 and stock voltage correct for running 8GB of RAM?

• Corsair Employees
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived